Construction is Limited to:
Monday - Friday: 7:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.
Saturdays - 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
There are a few exceptions to these time periods. They include:
Emergency repairs, work required by a public agency, construction activities that cannot be interrupted (e.g. continuous concrete pours), roofing activities that cannot occur during daytime hours, and construction within an enclosed structure provided either (1) work is not audible beyond property or (2) construction activities are located more than 400 feet from any residence.
For traffic, we are required to prepare a construction traffic management program. For example, we are going to make sure construction vehicles do not park on residential streets and we will route them to reduce travel on congested streets.
For construction noise we are required to prepare a construction noise mitigation plan to comply with the applicable noise regulations, which may include:
- Fitting equipment with most current noise control and sound reduction capabilities
- Use of highly efficient mufflers
- Air inlet silencers on motors
- Planning construction activities to avoid using several higher noise generating pieces of equipment simultaneously whenever possible
- Locating construction staging areas to avoid interference with residential properties
Air quality mitigations include, for example:
- Limited time for trucks to idle
- Use of particulate filters on certain diesel construction equipment
- Watering active construction areas at least twice a day and covering haul trucks to minimize dust
Again, if any concerns arise, please contact our construction hotline or submit a report here.